Foreign nationals from a nation not in the EEA and/or EFTA, who want to stay static in Iceland for over three (3) months, will need to have a legitimate residence permit.
Residence allows on grounds of wedding or cohabitation are issued on grounds of Art. 70 associated with the Act on Foreigners no. 80/2016.
A residence license is given to a specific planning to go on to Iceland to reside with his/her spouse or cohabiting partner in Iceland. The necessity is the fact that spouse or cohabiting partner is an Icelandic or a Scandinavian resident, a international resident keeping a permanent residence license or a short-term residence license on grounds of work needing qualified expertise, for athletes, for moms and dads, on grounds of worldwide security, humanitarian grounds, unique link with Iceland or advanced level studies.
Specific unique needs use regarding household reunification for many who hold a residence permit in Iceland on grounds of worldwide protection, humanitarian grounds, unique connection or perhaps a residence license as being a moms and dad. The cohabitant or spouse of this applicant who is applicable for reunification in Iceland will need to have worked or examined in Iceland in appropriate stay during the last four (4) years before publishing a software (unless an exemption applies).
You may possibly have a right to a residence license as a partner or cohabiting partner if most of the requirements that are following met, along with other people
- You will be over the age of 18 years,
- you had been 18 years old or older whenever you married or entered partnership that is cohabiting
- you may be hitched or have been around in cohabiting partnership for over one (1) 12 months,
- you’ve got a spouse or partner that is cohabiting lives in Iceland and it is an Icelandic or Scandinavian resident, or a foreign resident holding a permanent residence license or perhaps a foreign resident remaining in Iceland on grounds of the residence license as previously mentioned above,
- the wedding fulfills what’s needed for enrollment in accordance with the law regarding domicile,
- you’ll have a home that is permanent exactly the same location as your better half or your cohabiting partner,
- you’ll show that you can to supply on your own through your stay,
- you’ve got a legitimate insurance coverage having an Icelandic insurance provider (on the go insurance firms) or perhaps a international insurance carrier authorized to work in Iceland (into the industry Foreign Insurance organizations),
- you’ve got perhaps perhaps maybe not offered a unlawful phrase abroad over the last five (5) years or been sentenced with a court of legislation for an offense which may be punishable by a lot more than three (3) months imprisonment relating to Icelandic law, and
- your better half is not sentenced by way of a court of legislation or been susceptible to general public safety precautions for the past five (5) years (unless an exemption is applicable), and
- the partner that is spouse//cohabiting Iceland consents to your license being awarded.
You might perhaps perhaps perhaps not
- have married or be a cohabiting partner for convenience purposes (in other words. for any other reasons than being using your partner, for instance, truly the only purpose being to acquire a residence permit in Iceland),
- have been in cohabiting partnership for under one (1) if you apply for a cohabiting partnership permit year,
- take effect until a residence and work license happens to be awarded, unless you’re the spouse or cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen, then you do not need to make an application for a work license (take note that the cohabiting partner of a Icelandic resident may well not begin to work before his/her residence license is awarded),
- work with a boss aside from the main one by which the job license is situated, and
- stay static in another country more than three (3) months in almost every 12-month amount of the residence license duration; otherwise the residence license might be terminated or revoked.
A software for a residence and work license and supporting papers shall be submitted to your Directorate of Immigration or in the workplaces associated with the region commissioners not in the Reykjavнk Metropolitan Area.
Remember that various guidelines may affect a license to remain whenever a credit card applicatoin is submitted even though it really is being prepared. Spouses and cohabiting lovers can be in Iceland whenever a credit card applicatoin is submitted if they base their close to somebody who falls underneath the groups above except a spouse/cohabiting partner of the student if he or she is needed to have visa. See information that is further the area on liberties being connected to the license.
If a job candidate doesn’t satisfy these demands while the needs talked about below, the application form for a residence license will be refused while the applicant must keep Iceland. A job candidate would you maybe maybe not keep the national nation can be at the mercy of expulsion or an entry ban. An entry ban can also be an entry ban to the Schengen region for the certain time frame or even for two (2) years as the very least.
The applicant is in charge of obtaining latin dating renewal of his/her residence allow at least four (4) days prior to the credibility of this permit expires. Should this be done, the applicant is allowed in which to stay Iceland even though the application for renewal has been prepared because of the Directorate of Immigration. In cases where a renewal of the residence license just isn’t sent applications for prior to the amount of legitimacy expires, the application form is going to be managed as though this had been a very first license, perhaps maybe not renewal. An application received following the past license has expired will likely be refused if the applicant doesn’t have a permit in which to stay Iceland as the application will be prepared.
Further for a residence license for a partner and cohabiting partner
Liberties connected to the license
Application for the very first license
Rights connected to the license
- The partner or even a cohabiting partner may take Iceland when trying to get a residence license and even though it really is being prepared, except the spouse and cohabiting partner of a pupil that is needed to have a visa. A job candidate who’s necessary to have visa and that is abroad whenever trying to get a residence license cannot come to Iceland before the residence permit happens to be given.
- The partner or cohabiting partner of an citizen that is icelandic authorized to your workplace without having a work license in Iceland. Partners of Icelandic residents can start be effective the moment they will have submitted a credit card applicatoin for the residence license however a cohabiting partner may perhaps perhaps perhaps not take effect ahead of the residence license was issued. Other candidates must submit an application for work license when they want to work with Iceland and could perhaps maybe maybe not start working until a residence and work license happens to be provided.
- A residence license is typically provided for just one (1) at a time, however, two (2) years as a maximum year. The license credibility might never evertheless never surpass the legitimacy amount of the spouse/cohabiting partner‘s license.
- A residence license could be renewed for just two (2) years as a optimum, offered what’s needed for the license will always be met, but, the license may not be legitimate more than the license of the individual upon that the bases that are applicant right.
- The residence permit provides a right to family members reunification. A residence license might be reproduced for on grounds of household reunification for:
- the applicant’s young ones beneath the chronilogical age of 18 in the event that applicant has custody of these;
- the moms and dads of a job candidate in the event that moms and dads are 67 years old or older (will not apply to pupils).
- The residence permit could be a foundation of a residence permit that is permanent.
- The partner of an Icelandic resident may have the ability to Icelandic citizenship after three (3) many years of located in Iceland after marriage, supplied particular other demands are met. One requirement is the fact that the partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the very least five (5) years.
- A cohabiting partner of a Icelandic resident may have the proper to Icelandic citizenship after five (5) several years of surviving in Iceland following the formal enrollment of cohabitation, so long as other demands are met. One requirement is the fact that partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the least five (5) years.